Anthurium veitchii is one of the largest of the epiphytic anthurium species, which is why it has been nicknamed The King Anthurium. It is much sought after among collectors because of its rarity and the strikingly ribbed leaves, which can grow to almost two metres long in the wild.
The product photos show examples of the plant. You will receive a specimen that matches the product photos in size, shape and colouring.
- Delivery: in a 9cm pot with sphagnum moss (The pictured planter is not included).
- Plant size: 20-25 cm
- Growth type: upright
- Origin: subtropical & tropical mountain forests of Colombia
- Other names: Flamingo flower, Tail flower, Tailflower
Ben's tips on plant care:
- Habitat/light requirements: bright, indirect sunlight
- Substrate: Ben's Philodendron & Monstera Soil
- Temperature: optimal at 26° C (day), approx. 15° C (night), do not let cool down below 15° C
- Watering: water once a week when the top layer of substrate becomes dry, less often in winter, ensure drainage, use lukewarm and low-calcium water
- Humidity: needs high humidity, place in bathroom or use humidifier
- Nutrient addition: fertilise moderately every 6-8 weeks in spring/summer.
- Grows very slowly, can be repotted after 2-3 years when the soil is densely rooted and dries out more quickly.
- Avoid draughts.