Alocasia Macrorrhiza is the plant with the largest individual leaves in the plant world, in the wild they can reach a length of up to 1.50m. But even in indoor culture giant-leaved arrowleaf is an imposing appearance and particularly decorative in its lime green to white variegation.
The product photos show examples of the plant. You will receive a specimen that matches the product photos in size, shape and coloring.
- Delivery: in 10cm pot
- Growth type: upright
- Origin: tropical & subtropical regions of (southeast) Asia and eastern Australia
- Other names: Elephant Ear, Giant Leaf Arrowleaf, Giant Taro.
Ben's tips on plant care:
- Location/Light Requirements: bright, indirect sunlight.
- Substrate: peat-free potting soil, Ben's Syngonium & Alocasia Soil
- Temperature: optimal at 27° C (day), 16° C (night)
- Watering: keep moist and water as soon as the top layer of substrate starts to dry, but avoid waterlogging
- Humidity: needs high humidity, place in bathroom or use humidifier
- Nutrient addition: in spring/summer every 2 weeks with organ. Fertilize moderately with organic liquid fertilizer.
- Repot approx. every 2 years,when the soil is densely rooted. However, be sure to provide drainage.