With its velvety, blue-black leaves and pale leaf veins, this Alocasia is a dark beauty. Due to its compact growth, it also doesn't need much space and is therefore perfect for smaller areas.
The product photos show examples of the plant. You will receive a specimen that matches the product photos in size, shape and colouring.
• Delivery: in 5cm pot,
• Plant size: 5-6 leaves
• Growth type: upright
• Origin: Borneo
• Other names: Alocasia reginula, elephant ear, arrowleaf, taro
Ben's tips on plant care:
• Habitat/Light requirements: bright, indirect sunlight.
• Substrate: Ben's Babyplant Soil, later Ben's Syngonium & Alocasia Soil
• Temperature: optimum at 21-26° C (day), 16° C (night)
• Watering: Keep soil moist, but avoid waterlogging, ideally water with rainwater that is not too cold and has a low lime content.
• Humidity: needs high humidity, avoid heated air
• Nutrient addition: in spring/summer every 4-6 weeks with organic fertiliser. Fertilise moderately with organic liquid fertiliser.
• Repot when the soil is densely rooted.