In the wild, this Alocasia is only found on the Philippine island of Luzon. Due to its rarity and its ornamental leaves in the shape of arrowheads, it is very favoured by plant connoisseurs, but it needs a little more attention when it comes to care.
The product photos show examples of the plant. You will receive a specimen that matches the product photos in size, shape and colouring.
• Delivery: in 5cm pot
• Growth type: upright
• Origin: Philippines (Luzon Island)
• Other names: Alocasia Micholitziana, Alocasia Green Velvet, elephant ear, arrowleaf, taro
Ben's tips on plant care:
• Habitat/Light requirements: bright, indirect sunlight.
• Substrate: Ben's Babyplant Soil, Spezial Erde, later Ben's Syngonium & Alocasia Soil
• Temperature: optimum at 27° C (day), 16° C (night)
• Watering: keep moist and water as soon as the top layer of substrate begins to dry, but avoid waterlogging
• Humidity: needs high humidity, place in the bathroom or use a humidifier
• Nutrient addition: in spring/summer every 2 weeks with organ. Fertilise moderately with organic liquid fertiliser.
• Repot approx. every 2 years, when the soil is densely rooted. Make sure that the plant has good drainage.