Due to its thick, firm leaves, the Pink Dragon almost looks like a succulent plant, but like most other Alocasia species, it prefers higher humidity. Its pale pink stems and striking silvery veins on the fleshy green leaves make it an attractive eye-catcher that is equally suitable for terrariums and windowsills.
The product photos show examples of the plant. You will receive a specimen that matches the product photos in size, shape and colouring.
• Delivery: in 5cm pot
• Growth type: upright
• Origin: Borneo
• Other names: Alocasia Baginda 'Pink Dragon', elephant ear, arrowleaf, taro
Ben's tips on plant care:
• Habitat/Light requirements: bright, indirect sunlight.
• Substrate: Ben's Babyplant Soil, special soil, later Ben's Syngonium & Alocasia Soil
• Temperature: optimum at 27° C (day), 16° C (night)
• Watering: keep moist and water as soon as the top layer of substrate starts to dry, but avoid waterlogging
• Humidity: needs high humidity, place in bathroom or use humidifier
• Nutrient addition: in spring/summer every 4-8 weeks with organic fertiliser. Fertilise moderately with organic liquid fertiliser.
• Repot when the soil is densely rooted.